Friday, March 19, 2010

day 5 --- Compliments .....n atms...

no i'm not linking the 2 above .....!
My boss wrote an article for a leading np, n usually his articles are ok..ok... But todays was real impressive and bang on point...! Wat i did next was unthinkable fr me....i went to him n complimented him on his article and told him specifc portions of it dat i really liked....now now dont think dat complimenting is new fr me.... I usually do it tho nt as much as i shd but still quite often.....wat was NEW FOR ME TODAY was dat fr d first tym ever in my life i complimented a person in authority. I'd always believed v strongly dat if i praise say a teacher in school wen she was my teacher, it wd be akin to maskaa-lagaoing.... Or if i pay a compliment (genuine, of course!) to a senior or my boss /es it could be construed as wanting to get into their good books...but tode, i didnt let my belief system limit me in paying a true compliment coz wen someone deserves it plus we're honest in our intentions, there's no need to hold back wat u want to tell someone.... Coz frankness (on both sides) is a desirable trait to hv...so if i'm frank on d not-so-fine stuff, i m supposed to b equally frank on d good stuf as well.... :)
As for a generic learning, paying real honest compliments to ppl who are part of our lives n watever role or capacity is one of the best things we can do to enrich our lives...

so, ......
as for compliments to me, keep 'em coming!! :D

Lesson 2 - always remember to carry some cash vid u always....in d eve, i needed to pay soeone some amt and the only atm in d
Vicinity - central bank of india's atm to be precise...had a tech malfunction exactly at my turn....!

So make sure there's alwayys sum cash vid u wen u leave home nxt tym!
Coz i may need some;) u c i dont learn my lessn d first tym nor d second...nor...
Ciao! Byee fr now...

2 comments:

Kunal said...

And always carry some change too...else somebody else ends up payin for your cutting chai umpteen number of times ;)

mg said...

@anon: tx!
@kt: kitna bill hua ab tak...sab ek saath chuka doongi...hehehehehehe ;)