Monday, March 29, 2010

day 15 - what vs how...a classic struggle

the immediate trigger for d theme for tode's post comes frm a short fight with a dear fren (P) 2 hours ago....one particular trait of hers was annoying me for sum tym and i was deliberating whether or not to tell her....by nature, i'm quite frank and forthright...but my experiences over the last 1-1.5 yrs have mellowed me down...i sometyms do think before saying sthin to someone close...but since its against my very nature, i'm not comfortable with this 'think before u talk' business...
Just to put things in d right perspective, lemme clarify that here we're debating about the approach to take while saying sthin not v pleasant to ppl who r close to us...shd we go ahead n just say it...assuming that since the other person knows dat yr intentions r good, they'll not mind it for long...(i belong to this camp) or shd we pause, mentally calculate how d person vil take it / react, and say it at a 'correct' time...
Somehow, personally, i think the latter approach is more manipulative, and less frank, and hence tilts towards some degree of dishonesty... But the biggest flaw in my preferred approach is dat dis very 'frankness' cd be wrongly perceived as rudeness even by yr close frens / fmly...which cd impair relationships....
I'd like to hv yr feedback on this... Coz its sumthin which does not hv a black n white answer...
As regds my fight vid dear P, it ended in 10 min...:)
P.S. Tode's d first day of sisters' week... And i'd like to tell my dahling sis a big thankyou fr e thin she's done for me...and no sorry for troubling her :D watch this space for a flood of posts on dibbu in dis week! :)

1 comment:

divsi said...

that theres a way to let them kno...i prefer honesty but not at the cost of hurtin sumone:| u shd say sorry to her!!* narrows eyes*
okie the p.s is cho cute:)
hehe
thankyou to me? *no no dismisses it* :p:p
i love u so much so much u kno!![i mean this]
*opens arms n hugs u tite*
:)

btw the last line is a lil scary too..*bites nails* full week :O posts on me:O :O
mummmmyyyyyyyyy