Thursday, March 18, 2010

day 4 - lalalalala

'starts writin post after clearing her throat' ..........
Okkay by now u wd hv guessed today i'm in a singing mode! :) it so happened a few days ago at our office celebrations on women's day, we had this tp evening all lined up vid skits, dances, et other talent displays..... In light-hearted banter d host asked the audience is there nyone present here who thinks they are worst singers on earth......but who lovvvveee singing?!!???? while i interestedly looked around to see whose hand goes up, i got a shocker, wen my fren cum colleague shouted out my name and gleefully (read - evilly) pointed at the dumbstruck me! Its not that her choice was wrong, its just dat i had a prescience about wat was comin ahead......n yeeeeps, the host (again, evilly) grinned frm ear-to-ear having got a quik prey, n asked me the dreadful thing! so vid a canteen full of ppl, n not much tym vid me, i had to sing sumthin - i promised him i'll sure do it after d next performance on stage..... Soon enuf, my time came....time flies in all d wrong time-periods u c! N...... I began......cooing my fav song - stay d same by joey mckintyre.....1st para ......then d chorus.....then the final high pitch at the tail-end of the chorus......wen dats it....my voice cracked up :)///// n there i went into a fit of giggles at the inevitable ending!!!
To top it the host didnt forget to add dat it sure sounded like a nursery rhymeeeee!
But the story doesnt end here...... Singing uninhibited dat day set me free.....its kinda exhilerating to vanquish ny demons dat u've unnecessarily allowed to flourish inside yr hearts! Once u take up d challenge, smilingly, the invincible seems like a cakewalk:) manyy of us may have tried karaoking vid ppl staring at us n the screen showing scores dat read like '0 - y r u even holding d mike????'
But to hell vid e one else n d damn screen, sing yr heart out nevertheless....... After all, in all our tribe, Y shd only our poor bathrooms bear d whole brunt, nyway!???;D
Post dat women's day event, i had a couple of strangers comin to me n telling me i sing well!!!!!!!!!!!!! (i think my chutzpah got to them) :D
And then, today, mom asked me y i dont join a classical music class:
Me classical music????? I'm d crazzy filmy karaoker (yep i know i could hv used croaker as well!)
But i didnt tell her no.... Coz u c ethin has a timing....n maybe this is the right tym fr this music teacher to take an early retirement! Hahahahaha
My classes start this sat, vl keep u posted on wen n where im gonna perform......real sooon..... Watch this space...!!
N ya, go out n demolish all yr self-created demons! Today..!
Ciao!

3 comments:

divsi said...

i shall inform sammadar aunty bout yr plans for her earli retirement..lolzz:p
kip singinnn!![ not in my ears]:p hehe

Kunal said...

Classical Singing!!!!! It will no more be classical then...

mg said...

@dibbu: shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....
@kt: 'classic' fallacy of 'class'ifying someone's 'class' in 'class'ical music...:p