Sunday, April 25, 2010

day 37 - words....

Words have phenomenal power.... its not said for nothing that the Pen is mightier than the sword! Not just the written word, spoken words too have the same effect... There are certain occasions when someone says something which makes your day .... Year... Even life...
some words - which have hit me....either when they were spoken or read or hours / months / years later... And have had a marked effect on my life... In someway..........
I've enumerated certain people's (non-family) words - spoken or written - that I've encountered and the associated Action / thought / feeling.... There's no hierarchy here... Its just a collection of random thoughts..

1. Kiran Bedi and Feminism..
2. Sarada Ma ( Ramkrishna Paramhansa's wife) and spirituality
3. Swami Vivekanand and Youth Activism
4. A.R. Rahman's music and Energy
5. Vande Mataram / jana gana mana and Patriotism
6. Enid Blyton and childhood innocence...
7. Rachel miss telling me in std. 9 that I'm a brave and courageous girl And Confidence
8. Rekha miss (my art teacher) writing C or D against my art grade column...and 'Non-creativity'...
9. Mantras and hatred for priests...
10. Shailaja Mule, a well-known career counsellor pointing out during a career guidance session in std. X, that I would do well in Arts... And I could take up IAS or Management...
11. Naniji telling me to choose MBA over an IAS....
12. Morning Assembly in school and Prayer
13. DDLJ's dialogues and mild crushes ;)
14. Someone telling me u must dress up well for yourself... (not that I took the person v seriously)
15. My dance teacher telling me I have 2 left feet - way back in early 1990s and awkwardness in dancing ever since.... Till the time dibba became my dance teacher! ...
16. A chance reading online ....and Adoption...
17. A chat conversation and A crush...
18. A moral science chapter on conscience ... And steadfastness to values...
19. words of hate in MBA and my turning an introvert ... Remembering My class teacher (again rachel miss) telling me I'm super talkative... I can begin talking even if placed in different corners of the class... And return to extrovertism again!
20. Conversations, jokes, laughter and Friendships...
21. Silence, words without any Sounds, and Faith

2 comments:

Unknown said...

22. And last,but actually first on the list Abhinav Goel.

divsi said...

oye hoye...haye main mar javaaaaa!!!
abhi is firsht on list:):p heheheh

kya baat hai..
humare aise bhaag kahan:p